Sunday 15 March 2009

Macaron Baking Class

Today I went for a macaron baking class at Big Boys Oven. The teacher called Sunny and has a partner called Sid. English, Mandarin and Cantonese were used in the class. So, you wouldn't have any languages problem at all.

It is a great session! There were only five students in the class. Surprised me was there was 1 to 1 hand on session for the amount of fees paid. Each of us make a favour of macaron. And the end of the class, each of us got to bring home a box of macaron made by ourself and exchange some other favours with other students.

My macaron is black seaseme favour with durian filing. The result wasn't good as I had over beaten the white egg. During the heating session, the macaron has cracked ;( Sob, sob, sob. I told myself, imprefection is a type of beauty as well to comfort my own feeling.
P/S:
Sunny and Sid were great host! They even served us with different type of macaron, cakes and cupcakes for tea break! Yummy, yummy, yummy ;) If you are interested, you may find more information about Big Boys Oven at
http://bigboysoven.blogspot.com/